Changing background color

I just downloaded the free trial on 1/21/2017.
I followed the instructions to change the background color of the model space to black.
The background color stays the way it is in this case a light gray.

When I use BricsCad to open a drawing generated in Autocad, the background color CAN be change.
When I start a drawing from scratch in BricsCad, the background color is stuck to this light gray.

This free trial has started on the wrong foot.
Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Roy

Comments

•  Can you please check whether you are running BricsCAD in Perspective mode? Typ perspective at the command line, then press Enter. If perspective = ON, BricsCAD responds: New current value for PERSPECTIVE [1 for ON/0 for OFf] <0 for off>:1
    Typ 0 or OFF, then press Enter to switch Perspective mode off.
  • Thanks Louis for your response,

I did set perspective to off, the background color will not change.

I tried starting a new drawing from the "welcom" "get started" window, the new background color stays light gray and wouldn't change. 

I opened a new drawing from the file drop down menu and picked "new wizard" and picked Start from Scratch, hit next and finish. Surprise! The new drawing has a black background as defined. 

Is that the way to start a new drawing to have the background color of my choice?

Thanks,
    Roy Saba

• Can it be that when you see the gray background you are in fact in a paper space layout? Try switching to the Model tab to verify.
  • Perhaps the most likely explanation:
    You are not using the 2dWireframe visual style. Use the _VisualStyles command to change that setting.
  •  I am in model space. 
    When I switch to paper space the background is white, which is correct.

Like you suggested I changed the visual style to 2dWireframe and that did it!

Thank you for your help Roy.

Roy Saba

This discussion has been closed.