Dynamic Block - Mirror

BricsCAD seems to be struggling with dynamic block manipulation. Is anyone else troubled over the working, broken, working loop experiences? It is killing us!

Mirroring dynamic blocks were working pretty well for us in v16. It was broken with v17. Fixed again in V17.1.09. Broken again in v17.1.10 and remains broken.

Users are currently forced to do some work in v16 and other work in v17. This is impacting production :o(

I've opened several support requests through all of this ... I guess I'm just venting.

Comments

• Of course, ever software has its features and limitations.  However, on a complex piece of software, it can take a very long time to really discover the limitations.  And this process really needs real-world use to test it properly. Often, by the time you realize the limitations, you have made a strong commitment to the new software, and going back to an older version, or prior software would be a painful process.

In regards to Dynamic blocks, they seem to be a complex beast to master, even in native AutoCAD. The Autodesk forums seem to have plenty of people struggling to get the behavior they want, even when they are experienced users. 

I have probably invested a week of work into learning and trying out dynamic blocks for my company.  I discovered that BricsCAD does not support tables in Dblocks, which killed that idea. But, this was actually a fairly small investment of work, compared to what it could have been if there were some problem that did not manifest itself until much later in the development.

-Joe
This discussion has been closed.