Region + union Command BUG

Weird Problem I'm having.

I am starting with closed 2D closed polylines. grouping them all together with region and then using union to combine ones that are overlapping.
double exploding back to lines and arcs. when I try to pedit and join everything back together again to make sure their isn't any problems less then half are closed polylines. boundy command works but its has it limitations. Is their something I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• This could be a tolerance issue (perhaps caused by 'huge' coordinates?). Can you post an example dwg?
  • Here are two tools that break.

2 closed polylines with 2 circles for finger holes. region + union to join them together and explode because the routing software doesn't like them in that state. Try to pedit>m>join them back together and it only seems to pick up segments.

Example.dwg

• There is no issue is you do not use the _Multiple option of the _Pedit command but instead select a single base entity.
  • Ok that works but I will have to do this 300 to 400 times (per tool) in one drawing. looking for an option to do the whole drawing at once.
  • Matt,

I think I did all the steps you mentioned in your first post to get all the entities unconnected.

I then selected both sets of entities and arrayed them so I had a grid of 20 x 20.

This gave me 28000 entities, which I selected and used the JOIN command (not the one in PEDIT) and it worked perfectly to give me 800 items (or 400 sets of two as per your original drawing).

David
  • which I selected and used the JOIN command (not the one in PEDIT) and it worked perfectly
    David

thanks that did the trick
This discussion has been closed.