Program slows to a crawl for domain users.

ref: v2017
Upon opening a second drawing our domain AD users  systems slow to a crawl.  Invoking ANY command produces a 3-5 second delay before the command becomes active, hitting esc also invokes this delay.  Adding the user to the local machine as administrator fixes this problem.  I do not like the idea of adding each users account to each machine as admin and are wondering if anyone has found a workaround.  

FWIW, I have tried running the program as administrator, giving user full access to some of the obvious bricsys registry items & folders, but I am obviously missing something.

I do have an open support ticket, but i need to fix this issue asap, so i am hoping someone here has resolved this issue and can help!

Comments

• Dear Sven,

maybe check the TEMPPREFIX folder, to have it on a local disk/folder ?
    Just to prevent, that temporary data are written over network ...
    many greetings !
  •  Hi Torsten, I checked the TEMPPREFIX file and it is local.   

Thanks for the suggestion though.
  •  Narrowing our problem down, this seems to be an issue that our environment is having with how Briscad looks for sheet set template files on the persons machine whom originally created them.  We do not use templates, but Briscad seems to be looking for them anyhow.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!