Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing focus to BricsCAD v14 using VBA

I have a VBA app in Excel that draws some objects in BricsCAD. Then, I want to give focus to BricsCAD, so the user can continue to work. I have tried the following without success,
acadApp.Visible = True
Note that earlier in the program the acadApp variable is set to be the BricsCAD app. But, the .visible setting does not seem to have any effect. If I type, the Excel app is what gets the letters.

I see that in v14 of AutoCAD, the method, Window.Focus was added.

The word "Focus" is not in the BricsCAD developer help document. After some internet searches, I found a page that indicates you must load the reference called, "AutoCAD Focus Control for VBA Type Library"

Is there a similar library for BricsCAD?

-Joe

Comments

• edited February 2017

Try using the VBA AppActivate statement.

• I have tried the following without success.

AppActivate.acadApp ' doesn't work. Says argument is not optional.

AppActivate Shell("C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\BricsCAD V14 en_US\bricscad.exe", 1) 'Above doesn't work. Says invalid procedure or call

-Joe

• edited February 2017

Your first suggestion obviously won't work. Why the second fails I do not know.

Try this SendKey example.
    If you can't get that to work you should consult your IT department. Your system's security may be too tight.

• After a bunch of trial-and-error, I ended up with this method working.
    AppActivate "BricsCAD"

Thank you all for your suggestions, working or not.
    -Joe

This discussion has been closed.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.