Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make hyperlinks mobile/transferrable

I have numerous geotagged images that I would like to display through BricsCAD using hyperlinks.
I have each image location identified with the image name (geographically correct) in a dwg file
I want to create a hyperlink from each icon (image name) to each image
I have worked out how to do this manually but it is very time consuming, there must be a more automated way.
Any suggestions?

I then need to deliver the dwg and hyperlinked images to a client, the path remains as it was when originally hyperlinked.
I thought if I open the dwg on a different computer (that does not have access to the original file location) I could update the new relative pathway using the command HYPERLINKBASE and it would find the image file itself. This does not work how I think it should.

Any suggestions of how to achieve my objective?

Answers

• edited March 2017

I confirm your issue with the HYPERLINKBASE variable. It appears not to be used at all (V16). Instead the start-up folder is used. So for relative hyperlinks to work you have to start BC by double-clicking a dwg in the correct folder. This is not the expected behavior for relative paths. You should send in an SR.

• edited March 2017

To make BC use the folder of the current dwg as the base for hyperlinks this Lisp code can be used:
    (if (= 1 (getvar 'dwgtitled)) (vl-setcurrentdir (getvar 'dwgprefix)))

• I have created a small program BKG_MakePathsRelative to convert the paths of xrefs, PDFs, images and hyperlinks to relative paths (freeware).

This discussion has been closed.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.