Changing the background

Coming from Autocad, I tried to change the background of the modelspace environment from white to black to prevent strain on my eyes.
Is this possible en how?

Comments

• Choose Settings in the Settings menu, or type Settings at the command prompt. On the Settings dialog go to Program Options /Display/Background Color.

• ... or do it the lazy person's way (or if you can't remember exactly where in the menu heirarchy the setting is): Click on "Settings" in the Menu bar, then "Settings..." again, then type in "background color" (or "background", or "color") in the Search box, then click on the down arrow until the model space background color setting is highlighted.

• I switch back and forth a lot, so I use a toggle:
    (defun c:BB () (if (equal (getvar "TILEMODE") 0) ;if tilemode is Off, then we're in a layout tab (which can have non-tiled viewports) (if (equal (getvar "BKGCOLORPS") 7) (setvar "BKGCOLORPS" 256) (setvar "BKGCOLORPS" 7)) (if (equal (getvar "BKGCOLOR") 7) (setvar "BKGCOLOR" 256) (setvar "BKGCOLOR" 7)) ) )

• Thanks for the hint! , or also use: setvar > bkgcolor > 256 on the command-line

Paul

• @Gary Adams said:
    ... or do it the lazy person's way (or if you can't remember exactly where in the menu heirarchy the setting is): Click on "Settings" in the Menu bar, then "Settings..." again, then type in "background color" (or "background", or "color") in the Search box, then click on the down arrow until the model space background color setting is highlighted.

Ah, Always good to see how a lazy one fixed it.
    You know a lazy engineer is the best engineer, he makes things possible with the least effort....

This discussion has been closed.