Sightline Tool

Hi

Does anyone know of a stand alone sightline tool that's available on Bricscad. I'm looking for something that can be used to measure the maximum 2D sightline at set intervals through a defined corridor (roadway). the only tools that I can find are within civil design packages such as Civil 3D.
I work in Temporary Traffic Management in the UK as a designer and am trying to identify a way of reducing the number of works vehicles being struck by other vehicles whilst installing Roadwork's. a very high proportion of these incidents are happening within the approach zone to the works while installing the temporary warning signs. I'm looking for a Tool that will allow designers to easily check the sightlines through a given path and then move the signs accordingly to find the best visibility for each of the stopping points.
does anyone have any ideas if there is anything out there?

or alternatively is there anyone that would be interested in helping to develop this?

Comments

• It sounds like something that can possibly be automated with Lisp. I will have a better understanding of what you are trying to do if you can post an example along with an explanation of the steps taken when performing the task manually. You can post it here or send it to ks@techevate.com and I will take a look at it.

Thanks,

-KS

• Kevin
    It would be great if you could take a look. I will get more information posted as soon as i get chance. :smile:
    Andy.
This discussion has been closed.