PDF plotting with custom paper sizes and margin

Hello.
I'm currently trying to move from AutoCAD to BricsCAD, and the only annoying feature I'm missing is the same abilities that the DWG to PDF AutoCAD plotter provides.
That is having custom paper sizes, and different margins.
I tried the "Manager Paper Sizes" button that the plotter provides, but it doesn't do anything. Maybe it is requiring something from AutoCAD or such.

I print my drawings outside, and don't prefer to waste time configuring layouts in the print shop. Printing a ready PDF is easier and faster (and less troublemaker).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BricsCAD has a built-in PDF printer driver as well. Launch the Print command and choose Print As PDF. pc3 in the Printer/Plotter configuration list. To define your custom paper sizes, click the 'Edit Plotter Configuration' button. Choose the Settings tab page and click Custom Properties to manage paper sizes and margins.

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    BricsCAD has a built-in PDF printer driver as well. Launch the Print command and choose Print As PDF. pc3 in the Printer/Plotter configuration list. To define your custom paper sizes, click the 'Edit Plotter Configuration' button. Choose the Settings tab page and click Custom Properties to manage paper sizes and margins.

I didn't find such a plotter in the list :-(

• @SafaAlFulaij: Print As PDF. pc3 is available in V17.

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    @SafaAlFulaij: Print As PDF. pc3 is available in V17.

Can you please point me to the note in the release notes for this? It is really not in the list here, nor in the installer itself (If it was a separate pc3 file in the "Program Files" Windows folder)

• Attached is the pc3 that comes with V17.

• In the recently released V17.2 update the Custom Paper Sizes dialog can be opened directly from the Print dialog when Print as PDF.pc3 is selected in the Printer/Plotter Configuration list.

• Yes! Now I can set whatever size I want! Thanks Louis!
    And thanks gmontgomery. Seems that the new update have that file (I had V17.1).

To be closed.

• It's there.. At least in V17. I found it myself, only last week. It was at the bottom of the printer list. (We have a lot of printers in our business network.)

It does work. But there are a couple issues with it There is no print preview. And it generates an error message... See attached screen shots.

• Hi Jim
    There is a PDF print preview in the latest (today's?) update. It's kind of workraound solution, but better than nothing :).
    It used to be no. one on my wish list.
    Cheers

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!