Optimizing a 3D model

Benjamin Conder
edited April 2017 in 3D Modeling

I created a bar stool for BIM use and I found that BricsCAD would freeze for about 20 Seconds whenever I selected the model and tried to move it. I de-constructed my model and found out it was the seat section which was making BricsCAD freeze. Whenever I select the legs and lower seat section It works fine and doesn’t have a problem.

I think it may have to do with the high poly count of the seat. If someone could give me tips on how to optimize the model that would be great. This is the first time I’ve created upholstery in BricsCAD that I thought looked decent. Maybe there is a better way that doesn't freeze BricsCAD.

This was created on Windows 10 with a MacBook Pro Late 2012. Just to clarify BricsCAD never crashes it just freezes whenever you select the top part of the stool.

Comments

• I figured it out. I used the command _dmsimplify and it removed a good number of the polygons which were causing BricsCAD to hang. Here is the finished product!

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!