What is share.h in AcDb -> AcDbGlobal.h?

Hello World!

I'm attempting to write my first HelloWorld.brx plug-in and am met with the following fatal error at compile time:

...BrxSdk/inc/AcDb/AcDbGlobal.h:4:32: fatal error: share.h: No such file or directory
#include <share.h> //_SH_DENYWR

Anyone able to clue me in on what this header file is for? Code looks clean without syntax errors in the IDE, so I'm not sure what part of my code is referencing this header. I tried commenting the line out in AcDbGlobal.h and gave it another shot, but to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Hi, drewbags,

that file "share.h" is normally necessary on Windows only - not existing on Linux/Mac...
    and several applications directly include this on their own, for file + file access attributes.

On Windows system, check your compiler's folders for "share.h", you will find it, and can have a look into it;
    but BRX includes an emty "fake" header, to have identical source code compiling on Linux/Mac - you will find it under
    "\inc\Platform\substitutes" folder (which is not used on Windows; contains many most-often used, header files, non-existing under Linux/Mac).

So if you get that compiler error (even when commenting that line), then it indicates that your project setup and/or VisualStudio setup is not proper, as the CRT/System headers, located in "VC/...." sub-folders, should always be found.

I hope this explains a bit ?
    There are also sampes like "brxSample" in BRX SDK ... try to build that sample ...

many greetings !

• Thanks for the clarification, Torsten!

Drew

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!