Features from AutoCAD I miss.

Our company shifted from AutoCAD to BricsCAD due to the cost difference between the two softwares.
According to me, drafting is very similar on both the software but I really miss a few things which may be there on BricsCAD but I may not know yet.
Can anyone help me getting these two features?

1) Instead of holding right click for shortcut menu, can you make it simply right click for the menu like in AutoCAD.
2) Is there a way to hover over a polyline vertex and get the option to add/remove vertices like we have in AutoCAD?

Thanks in advance people!

Comments

• Louis_Verdonck
    edited April 2017
    1. It is not perfectly clear to me what exactly you expect when right clicking. Please check the options of the SHORTCUTMENU system variable: choose Settings in the Settings menu, then type 'shortcutmenu' in the search field.
      If the 'Show Quad on right click' option of the QUADDISPLAY system variable is set, a short right click displays the 'No Selection' Quad. However, if the right mouse button is hold down a bit longer, the current value of SHORTCUTMENU defines what happens.
      If the Edit Mode shortcut menus are enabled, right clicking (long right click if right click Quad is enabled) repeats the previous command.
    2. Make sure the Quad is enabled, then place the cursor over the polyline segment. The whole polyline hightlights, hold down the Ctrl-key to hightlight only the segment under the cursor. Go into the Quad cursor menu and select the command in the Modify tab.
    1. Like Louis not 100% about what you mean but read this.
      https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/30379/contextmenu#latest
  • @tahert2 BricsCAD is not equal to AutoCAD, but realy close to. This feature you are looking for is different to AutoCAD. See prev Posts.

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    1. It is not perfectly clear to me what exactly you expect when right clicking. Please check the options of the SHORTCUTMENU system variable: choose Settings in the Settings menu, then type 'shortcutmenu' in the search field.
    If the 'Show Quad on right click' option of the QUADDISPLAY system variable is set, a short right click displays the 'No Selection' Quad. However, if the right mouse button is hold down a bit longer, the current value of SHORTCUTMENU defines what happens.
    If the Edit Mode shortcut menus are enabled, right clicking (long right click if right click Quad is enabled) repeats the previous command.
    2. Make sure the Quad is enabled, then place the cursor over the polyline segment. The whole polyline hightlights, hold down the Ctrl-key to hightlight only the segment under the cursor. Go into the Quad cursor menu and select the command in the Modify tab.

Hey Louis,

Thanks for your reply. I want the shortcut menu (screenshot attached) when right clicking instead of when the right mouse button is held down longer.

• Louis_Verdonck
    edited April 2017

If you prefer shortcut menus over the Quad cursor menu, switch off the Quad (F12) and select the ShortcutMenu options of your liking: 1 = default mode; 2 = edit mode; 4 = command mode; 8 = command line options. The value of ShortcutMenus is the sum of the values of the selected options.

• Tahert this is exactly how I work . Quad off , SHORTCUTMENU = 2, Edit your context menu.

This discussion has been closed.