Dynamic block with a 'dynamic' attribute for height

Hans Lammerts
edited May 2017 in 2D Drafting

Hi There,
Just wanted to say that i finf it quit amazing how quickly on can switch over using relative complex dynamic blocks and lisps routines.
Here is on my tourines i use frequently. Happy i will be able to do the same tricks in BricsCAD.
I any of you think this tool can be better programmed, knock yourselfs out.

Comments

• ps.
    this discussion really should have been maked as '2D drafting', how can i change it as user?

• Per Gogstad
    edited May 2017

@Hans Lammerts said:
    ps.
    this discussion really should have been maked as '2D drafting', how can i change it as user?

You should be able to edit your post by using the 'cogwheel' on the right side just above your first post.

• Afterburner..
    I read in a interview / blog that BricsCad does NOT support dyn. blocks yet.
    Little confusion at my end because i can see and manipulate the ones tha can in via Autocad dwg. Is it that Bricscad has, to some degree, support on it, but is not able to make them in the blockeditor?

• Per Gogstad
    edited May 2017

BricsCAD edits Dynamic Blocks created in AutoCAD, although it cannot presently create dynamic blocks. But, I have earlier been informed by Bricsys' Development Team that this functionality is 'work in progress'.

• By edit, I think Per Gogstad means that you can do the stretches, flips, etc that the dynamic block is pre-programmed to do. But, I don't think you can edit, in the sense of adding or deleting lines using the block editor.

Also, some of the features present in AutoCAD dynamic blocks do not work in BricsCAD v17. Look-up tables, for example, do not work.

-Joe

This discussion has been closed.