Issue with 3d Modeler and Paper Space viewports

Whenever I update a 3d model in model space, when I switch back to paper space my view-ports are all stretched out and floating around. This does not help productivity.
Anchoring is on. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Are the viewports generated by the VIEWBASE command or are they editable viewports which you created?

The only times I have seen something like what I imagine you are describing is when I have done a VIEWBASE | Entire Model and then inadvertently placed a construction object or stray component floating off at some distance from the main model. Otherwise, the paperspace viewports have been pretty well behaved.

• Rodolphe Simon
    edited May 2017

Ok, this is what I did, I set the variable "Viewupdateauto" to "off" and manually updated the viewports. Seems to behave now. Although there is slight "resizing" of certain viewports. Something in the transition between model and paper is not executing correctly when viewupdateauto is on.

• I agree, seems like a bug. My views rotate upon updating.

• This forum is not the place to report bugs. Please file a support request and add a sample drawing and a detailed scenario on how to reproduce the problem. Our analysts will be glad to look into it.

This discussion has been closed.