VP color

Hello all.

If I change the color of a layer the vpcolor sticks on the previous color.
This happens to those viewports that have a layerstate predefined.
Might explain the behaviour but I still should have a possibility to change the color of a layer with effect on also viewports.
At least if I talk about a layer whose settings are not changed in the layerstate - means: the settings of the certain layer for color and vpcolor are the same.
System variable that I don´t know?

Other ideas?

Thanx in advance.

Sascha

Comments

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited May 2017

Do you really want VP overrides that match layer properties to 'automagically' disappear? Seems like a very bad idea to me.

• Hey Roy,

I have layerstates in viewports wherein I set certain layer to "vpfreeze". Nothing else.
    It seems all layer and all settings are effected, even though I didn´t set anything on a layer.
    The result is, that I don´t have the chance anymore to eg. give a layer another color to eg. be printed thinner because it does not effect the behavior of that layer within the viewports.
    For this I need a solution.
    Do you have any idea?

Sascha

• I have a hard time understanding your scenario. What does 'I have layerstates in viewports' mean? Is this perhaps a new feature in V17 (I am still using V16)?

For each layerstate you can specify which properties should be restored. If you only select the visibility toggles (On/Off, Frozen/Thawed) then no other properties should be overridden.

• Yes Sir.
    Easy as that. I should have set "Color" without checkmark...
    My mistake by creating the layerstates.
    " I have layerstates in viewports" means that I use different layerstates in different viewports regarding to the scale of the viewport.
    Nothing new. I also use V16.

Thanks,

Sascha

• I'm not sure I understand this discussion; but perhaps Sascha is looking for a way to use a layer state definition to automatically change a viewport's color, linetype, and lineweight overrides -- similar to the way that restoring a layer state while in a viewport changes which layers are frozen in that viewport.

I don't know of a way to do that. However, I think it should be possible to create a custom command (using lisp) that makes a selected viewport's overrides conform to a saved layer state.

This discussion has been closed.