SelectSimilar still applies globally after using Isolate

I have transitioned to BricsCAD (V15) from AutoCAD LT. For my work, I often need to change properties of similar entities, which I used to achieve efficiently in AutoCAD LT by isolating the area with the objects I needed to work with, using SelectSimilar, and then performing the desired tasks. What I find in BricsCAD is that the tasks affect ALL similar objects in the drawing, and not just the ones I have isolated. I have a workaround where I copy the entities into an empty drawing, and perform the tasks there, then copy back - this works, but I would still like to solve this if possible.

From what I've gathered, this is due to the behaviour of the IsolateObjects command.

Is there a system variable or other option that I can change to alter this behaviour? Does anyone have similar experiences?

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Comments

• Apparently there is an incompatibility here (and you should submit a support request).

Possible workaround:
    Instead of isolating object do the following:

1. Use _SelectSimilar to select the objects.
    2. Enter '-' or '_R' or '_Remove'.
    3. Enter '_O' or '_Outside'.
    4. Select a window.
    5. Result: all object outside the window have been deselected.
  • Thanks, will do.

I'll try the work around, but as I usually need to repeat the command several times, it may still be more efficient to copy into an empty drawing.

Thanks again!

• Based on your bug report I have modified my BKG_SelectSimilar routine. I have added the 'Visible' filter option. BKG_SelectSimilar is not exactly the same as the built-in _SelectSimilar command, but you may find it useful.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!