How to use "BC_Subtract layers" ?

Hi. I just downloaded the demo version of BricsCAD and I read some documentation regarding on how to get up and running.

I'm designing furniture and I need to insert a lot of dowels and other kinds of connectors between the elements of a furniture unit and for this reason I'm very interested on how I can get automatic booleans between objects, respectively the connectors to create holes into the elements of the unit.

Searching for options to automate my work I stumbled upon this article:

Top 15 reasons to get BricsCAD v17

where I found something interesting:

13_User-defined Component-based parametric features allow Boolean operations through the use of BC_UNITE and BC_Subtract layers in the component definition.

I searched for more information regarding this topic but seems that I can't find. I tried by myself to do a Component definition that uses automatic booleans but I just can't figure-out how to do it.

Please, if somebody knows how to do it to post an answer. Thank you.

Comments

• Hello Dacicusan,

You can find an example of parametric component in BricsCAD installation directory ( ...\Bricsys\BricsCAD V17 en_EN\Samples\Mechanical\component_based_features )
    If you open hole_with_edge.dwg component, you'll see it consist of two solids: green and red. They painted just to distinguish. Colour doesn't really matter.
    So the green solid is placed on BC_UNITE layer and will be united with the target geometry
    The red solid is on BC_SUBTRACT layer and it will create a hole.

Here is short video of how does it work https://youtube.com/watch?v=WR_FmClnmT8

• Dacicusan
    edited June 2017

Thank you for reply.

On MacOS this is located under: /Library/Bricsys/BricsCAD/V17/Samples/Mechanical/component_based_features

This discussion has been closed.