DIMSTYLE Question - Align Text With Dimension Line

Try as I might, I can't seem to find the checkbox for getting the Dimension Text to align with the Dimension Lines. AutoCAD makes this easy but I must be looking right past it using BricsCAD.

Comments

• Might you be referring to DIMJUST?

• No, I don't believe that's it. This setting in AutoCAD forces the dimension text to be in-line with dimension line. I have several dimensions running horizontal across the drawing and those are fine. But the ones running vertically on the drawing are also horizontal and not conforming to what I need it to do. When I open a drawing that was created in AutoCAD these dimensions are okay. But when working on a drawing created completely in BricsCAD it's a no show. ???

• Try changing "Text inside align" to yes.

• Cyberdyne_T800
    edited May 2017

I found the answer. You have to change the variable DIMTIH from "1" (On) to "0" (Off). I did test it and it worked.

DIMTIH

"Defines whether text that is placed inside the extension lines is aligned with the dimension line or placed horizontally."

• Thanks Cyberdyne_T800. That resolved the issue for me. As a long time AutoCAD user I'm finding that BricsCAD takes some getting used to.

• Cyberdyne_T800
    edited May 2017

You're entirely welcomed btillman99.

Ah yes, the similarities and those pesky little differences. I am currently concentrating on editing 2D drawings originally created using AutoCAD and thus far have not encountered any significant problems. Sometimes when I need a certain command that I know exists in AutoCAD finding its equivalent in BricsCAD can be a bit frustrating mainly because I wanted the answer 5 minutes ago. But I'm learning something new each day which makes the challenge that much more fun. Seems we may both be in the same boat so to speak.

• Yes, and I'll bet that boat is filled with other small business people who've be priced right out of the market by Autodesk's new business model.

• Which is funny since I just got off the phone with our local AutoDesk reseller who said the new business model (i.e. - subscription = rental) was made to help companies better control costs. Chuckle, chuckle.

• @Cyberdyne_T800 said:
    ..... the new business model (i.e. - subscription = rental) was made to help companies better control costs.

So it's an option? You only have to subscribe if you want to control your costs?

• It's only an option if you don't want to be frozen in time using the version of AutoCAD you are running now assuming you have a maintenance agreement.

• No doubt Autodesk is the 800 lbs gorilla and they can charge whatever the market will bear. But examine what small business people are faced with. About four years ago I paid $5,700 for a two seats of AutoCAD 2014 expecting to use it for many years. It still works so why do I now need to spend almost $2K each year to keep it going. Like I said, Autodesk is not holding a gun to anyone's head so we do have other options.

This discussion has been closed.