Pressing Escap Looses All My Work

What's up with this. I often press the escape key to get out of something. But for the last few minutes each time I press it everything I've worked on in the past 5 minutes disappears. ???

Comments

• Have not encountered that particular feature in three days of continuous use. Could you have hit another key at the same time? Is the problem repeatable in another (existing) drawing? Is it repeatable in a new drawing?

• @btillman99:
    Are you perhaps running Lisp code?

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    @btillman99:
    Are you perhaps running Lisp code?

No, not ready to unleash any LISP into my learning curve with BricsCAD. I used to program LISP extensively and had some 5,000 liners running really good on AutoCAD. When I tried them using BricsCAD it crashed.

I really see the merits with BricsCAD I just need to get more practice with it to make the clean break from Autodesk.

• Is the problem repeatable in another (existing) drawing? Is it repeatable in a new drawing? Did you try exiting out of the drawing then opening it again?

• Is this on one drawing or on multiple drawings? I occasionally receive drawings which make Bricscad unstable. Usually these drawings were exported from a CAD program that does not use DWG as the native file format. If this is an outside file you can try auditing the file. Other things which might help include using WBLOCK to create a copy of the drawing with a different name. WBLOCK tends to remove any unnecessary or damaged elements in the original drawing. Inserting the bad file into a new, blank drawing also fixes some damaged drawings.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!