Block Manager

While drawing in 2D I want to insert blocks from an continously open window/dialog.
I've been searching the forums for custom dialogs, because Brics's Drawing Explorer can't be used next to your drawing environment simultaneously.
Tool pallet is also not an option, the mechanical browser is 3D stuff. So still no results.

One drawing contains multiple blocks, I want to insert one of those blocks (preferably drag-and-drop).
Does anyone know of this option in Brics or a custom lisp program?

Comments

• i made an Tool called DesignCenter. this allows you to do what you want to do and a lot more. Checkit out 30 Days 4 free ( https://www.bricsys.com/applications/a/?design-center-a1067-al1884 )
    Also i made an Tool which only do what you want. Its 4 free. ( http://www.cadwiesel.de/cw_download_01.php?id=243 )

Regards Martin

• Sehr geehrter Herr Drese,

Many thanks for the tools! The Designcenter is indeed a usefull program, but I've noticed a few minor bugs. Freezing the rotation and scale does not work and the unfoldable 'plus' before a drawing is not visible untill you've first selected it. But still, basic functionality is good!

The second program can't be loaded, alert is "kann opendcl nicht laden". But OpenDCL does run, I use it for other dialogs.
    Do you know why this alert pops up?

Vielen dank!

• Hi PjOtr,
    Thanks for this responde. But what did you mean with: > Freezing the rotation and scale does not work ?
    The plus in front og the drawings to show up from start seems to be to much for me, when i designed this Program. I think its enough if it will be showen, when an User clicks an drawing.
    I will check this 2. program. Maybe there is forgotten something.

• In the bottom of the dialog there are two pickbox items: Scale factor and Rotation.
    I've tested it with the drag-and-drop action, but they do work when you are using the insert button. My apologies.

• That's right. All the toggles and boxes would be used, if dou use the insert Button. Drag 'n drop will ignore this items.

• Please make sure, the Supportpath to the opendcl runtimes is set in the Optoions dialog at Bricscad. this seems to call this error message

This discussion has been closed.