How do I subscribe to notifications for a thread?

I know that the old forum had a method to subscribe to a thread, and receive notifications. But, I can't figure out how to do it on this new forum. I know I get subscribed to a thread, if I create it, or reply to it. But, I can only see a way to bookmark a thread, for which I have not participated. Bookmarks don't seem to be the same as subscribing to a thread.

-Joe

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited June 2017

Click on the cog symbol under your name (next to the globe, envelope, and star) and select Edit Profile and then Notification Preferences.

• The cog symbol under my name , the Edit Profile only permits me to change my e-mail. However, if I click my name itself, the menus on the right of the screen allow me to edit notification preferences. But, I still cannot see how to request notifications to a thread, unless I post in the thread.

-Joe

• Yes, I see now that I can get to the menus you show me in two ways I can choose if I want to automatically subscribe to a thread where I comment or I originate. But, that has nothing to do with my original question, unless I am overlooking something.

I want to be able to get notification for other threads, where I have not posted into the thread. I suppose I could just post a reply where I want to subscribe saying, "I am posting this just so I can be subscribed". But, that would tend to clutter the thread with useless messages.

-Joe

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited June 2017

The star to the left of your name and the globe/envelope/star/cog cryptogram (or in the upper right corner of each thread in the list of threads) is a bookmarking toggle. It's yellow when it's turned on. And the 5th notification preference is for bookmarked discussions.

• Now I get it. Thanks for sticking with me on this issue.

-Joe

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!