Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Version 17 - Problem with DDEDIT (or double-clicking mtext object to edit) Command

Hello,

Currently having an issue with Bricscad V17.

Double-clicking an mtext object has allowed me to edit the text using the text editor, and if i click out, select okay, (or cancel) and finish editing, the command also ends, returning to normal cursor/no command being active.

In version 17, I will double click an mtext object and edit the text. When I click-out, press okay, or cancel text edit, the DDEDIT command overall remains active (which means i can further select other text to edit)

This is super annoying while drafting, and I'm not sure why it's changed, whether its an in-program thing or if its something our company set up. There must be a variable to activve multi or singular text object editing?

Is anybody else familiar with this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• This is controlled by a new system variable (introduced in 17.2.07)
    TEXTEDITMODE
    System variable which controls automatic repeat of the text edit command DDEDIT.

0: Multiple edit mode (command repeats until cancelled) (default)
    1: Single edit mode (command ends after editing one text entity)
    2: Automatic edit mode (single if editing preselected text, multiple otherwise)

This discussion has been closed.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.