How can we change the white color appearance to a darker one for the menu bar, tool bars, property..

How can we change the white color appearance to a darker one for the Ribbons, menu bar, tool bars, property palettes and status bar?, right out of the box the BricsCAD GUI looks to much white.

Comments

• There is, at this point, no easy way to change most of the colors. I wish that Bricsys would add this ability. I agree that Bricscad is "much too white" for the Windows theme I use and for my preference.

• To me it's a refreshing change from the dark or darker options on ProductA. Overall it matches my windows desktop colors and most importantly it starts lightning fast (1.5s). So if another option to change another color would begin to slow it down, I'm against it.

• Most colors are read from one of the configuration files, so there is no speed issue. Changing colors for the toolbars, etc., is a simple task with a hex editor, but it would be a disservice to our hosts to detail the process in the forums here without their approval.

• +1 on darker interface, I also find it easier to look at, and will make it consistent with the rest of my toolset (affinity photo / designer). If someone from Bricsys is reading this: If you could advise which files store the interface colours (and, probably, where the toolbar graphic bitmaps are stored), I'm sure the community would be able to develop an alternative dark scheme quickly.

This discussion has been closed.