Line width too big in pdf-export

Hi,

i'm experiencing issues with the pdf-export function. The line width of 2d drawings always comes out as too wide, when using the built-in pdf-export option.
The bypass through print-to-pdf is cumbersome to use, as it brings other issues with it. And i'm a CAD-Greenhorn, so i'll need the babystep-advice :D

Greetings,

Mac Aulay

Comments

• Same thing happens when I try it.
    I normally use a PDF printer, currently PDF-Xchange.
    It's as cumbersome as any printer driver, but it does stop to ask for a file name.

• What does 'too wide' mean? Do the lines appear x% too wide, or do they all have a uniform lineweight?

• Thicker lines appear too thick, worse as the resultant PDF is zoomed in.

• @ jgaunt: Exactly the same problem, and work-around.
    @ Roy Klein Gebbinck: It seems like a uniform lineweight. Changing it in the 2d-drawing itself doesn't change the pdf-result.

• MacAulay
    edited July 2017

Alright, the problem was solved:

In order to resolve the problem you have to change settings in pdf export options (beware, i'm using a german version, so translations might not be 100% precise).
    You have to deactivate the use of plot style in pdf. You might also need to change the paper format, individually altering it to fit the measures of your design. I'm not entirely sure what did the trick in the end, i tried different variaties of turning options off&on again.

Update: Doesn't always work.. worked this morning, stopped doing so this afternoon

• I am on v14, and use a PDF print driver called PDF Creator, because of issues with the PDF export. Sorry to hear PDF exporting is still a problem in the current version. PDF exporting has been a long standing problem in BricsCAD. Perhaps it is harder problem to solve than we imagine as users.

But, there are certainly some limitations with PDF print drivers as well. All the PDF print drivers I have tried do not have the option of keeping the layers. Does anyone know of a PDF printer driver that can preserve layers?

-Joe

• Hello,
    please file a support request if you have the impression that Pdf export or PrintAsPdf is not functioning as it should, and provide us with a sample that allows our analysts to reproduce the problem: we will be glad to investigate the issue and provide you with a solution.

• Sorry for the replying so late - we've found a work-around using different options on the print-as-pdf method: We're currently using it without the plot with object line weight & plot with plot style.

This discussion has been closed.