Specify exported to PDF area.

Hello,

Bricscad works perfectly on my Linux Ubuntu 16. However, it is not that easy to Export a PDF as it was in our previous Windows 10 operative system.

Exporting a layout to PDF creates an image specified by the dashed rectangle on the Layout, a rectangle unknown for me. I cannot select it, but there it remains only showing on the Layout. Check out the attached pictures to see it by yourselves.
How can I export to PDF the whole page?

Best regards,

Endika Garmendia

Comments

• Mysterious... the printable area of a sheet gets depicted as a dashed rectangle, but the dash length of the rectangle in your screenshot looks different.
    For pdf export, I would create a custom paper size with wanted dimensions and margins set to zero, and then set "Plot area" to Layout.

• @Knut Hohenberg, trying your solution created a really small image, on the center of the pdf. Check out the attached pdf, I also show my Custom Paper Size Setup in a screenshot.
    It looks like printing a much bigger area than the paper displayed on Layout. Furthermore, that dashed rectangle is still there, even in Plot Area to Layout setup.

We are about to buy Bricscad for the company like tomorrow, after the trial period ends. We want PDF export working for Ubuntu OS, since we have not anymore Windows.

Greetings,

Endika Garmendia
    Production and Heating/Cooling Systems Designer in Cool Factory Oy

• Hello Endika,

I checked with version 17.1.22, and the "Print as Pdf.pc3" print configuration looks severely broken indeed.
    All paper sizes with ISO in their name seem to have insane margins, and are offset from the origin.
    When I created a custom paper size, it did not show up in the drop-down list (so I guess you created a custom entry, but were not able to select it).
    However, on my installation (Ubuntu 16.04), the drop-down-list also contains plain A0-A5 entries that look correct.

You could additionally install a system pdf-printer as an alternative way to print to pdf (look for printer-driver-cups-pdf in the package manager, this will generate output in a directory named PDF in your home directory).

I have to mention that I still rely mainly on release 16.2.18 for serious work, and use 17.1.22 rather for testing the new bim-features.
    If you experience further problems, consider installing V16 as a fall-back option. Anyway, you cannot expect the level of maturity as found on the Windows-platform - the number of Linux-users is simply too small, and I doubt Bricsys can generate revenue out of the Linux version.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!