Contour Line Overlays from GIS site

Hello all,
First time posting here, I would like to thank everyone who responds before I get going.
Anyway, I use Bricscad mainly for Septic System drawings I use for my own company. I export all my points from my Topcon Gps as an auto cad 2000 DWG. Then start connecting the dots.
Recently a couple of our local Health Depts have asked for an overlay of Contour lines on my drawings. I have been exploring our local GIS sites and taking a screen shot, then importing the Image, and then trying to scale it using two known points to the best of my ability. The problem is the image overtakes my drawing (points/lines Etc.)
What I think I am after is a way to import the image as a layer and then somehow make it transparent enough to see the the layer (lines/points in another layer,) behind it. Is there a way to do this, or possibly a simpler way of getting to my goal another route.

I am attaching a copy of a sample image form the GIS site

Bricscad 2d for Mac
Topcon Hyper SR GPS

Comments

• Not sure I understood your problem.
    1.) Couldn't you simply use DRAWORDER to keep the reference image behind your geometry?
    2.) BricsCAD will use the alpha value of pixels if the 'Background transparency' property of the image is set to 'Yes'.
    However, your image did not contain transparency information, so I added some in GIMP (color white to alpha).
    Hope this helps...

• Regarding issue #2:
    If you want an image to appear lighter you can also change its Fade setting in the Properties Bar.

BTW:
    Not sure how to OP scales the image but the _Align command is the ideal tool.

• Terry Dotson
    edited July 2017

Be careful with the ALIGN command. If it works like the one on ProductA, and the points picked have Z values other than 0, you can have extrusion values other than normal that are difficult to shake.

• All thank you so much, It was a big jump for me purchasing this equipment and somewhat self teaching myself, other than my what i learned in my senior year in High School in auto cad r 12.

The Draworder command performs what I was after. I gotta work on the scaling of the drawings yet. I am not sure about the Z axis but being that my imported points have an X,Y and Z value I see where I could run into some issues.

Thank you again.

Ron

This discussion has been closed.