Where is the reclaimMemoryFromErasedObjects method in C/C++ API?

Hello,
I want to use in my C ++ plugin in BricsCad, the reclaimMemoryFromErasedObjects method.

The method exists in the C / C ++ API ?? I found the method only in the BricsCAD .NET API.
I think the invocation for the C ++ method would be as follows:

_AcdbHostApplicationServices () -> workingDatabase () -> reclaimMemoryFromErasedObjects (erasedObjects);_

Where erasedObjects is of type AcDbObjectIdArray;

But the compiler returns that the reclaimMemoryFromErasedObjects method is not a member of AcDbDatabase.

Comments

• Dear Deivid,

please see ARX docs (it is also on the web, also described in several forums & blogs) : it completely removes erased objects from memory ...
    BUT :smile: that is extremely risky - think about undo operation, those will no longer work with erased & removed entities ...

It is actually neither declared nor implemented with BRX ... and likely not to come, due to high risks ...
    So I would suggest to simply remove usage of "reclaimMemoryFromErasedObjects" in your code - risks are high, memory is cheap, memory is virtually unlimied with x64 build ...

If you have such heavy (dead) memory, then it is likely better to save, close & reopen the drawing ...
    many greetings !

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!