Edit of dimension

Hi,
I'm looking for edit of dimension the same way as autocad 2004.
In simple dialog box. Without formatting. Only in simle dialog box. End of dialog id by enter.
See the attached picture.

Thank you very much

Comments

• That dialog is not available. But there are two alternatives. You can also change the text override in the Properties Bar. And there is the _DimEdit command.

• But it is uncomfortably.
    In 95% cases i change only text and i do not need change properties and formatting.
    Lost the elegance and ease of editing.

• I understand. Try using this new version of my AltEdit.lsp. For extra 'comfort' don't forget to change the double-click action for dimensions.

• Thanks Roy for posting this - it is always a pleasure to look at your code, with plenty of things to learn ( I do not yet understand how you managed to create a dialog without the help of a temporary file, but I'll surely get to it).

Just one question: is there a reason you did not include "MTEXT" in line 53?

• Potentially the Lisp code can also handle mtexts. But they would have to be short (< 250 characters). For longer mtexts the text string is divided over multiple group code 3 items (250 character chunks) and a final group code 1 item (< 250 characters).

• Ah yes, I forgot about that.
    But given the size of the edit-window, that does not really restrict the use case of the script (as least not for me).

So I added "MTEXT" to the list, and also put

width = 40;
     fixed_width = false;

right after

AltEdit : dialog {

and removed

edit_width = 40;

to make the dialog resizable.

I think I will use this one a lot, thanks again.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited August 2017

@Knut Hohenberg: It is nice to hear you like it.

I am attaching a new version that includes a flexible dialog as you have suggested. Mtexts are now also supported (to avoid the 250 character limited I have switched to 'Visual Lisp').

• Hi Roy,
    on my linux laptop, the script now rejects dimensions - maybe textoverride has not been implemented yet?
    (I can't check on windows right now.)

And two more suggestions:

• it seems safe to add "ARC_DIMENSION" to the list
    • maybe a hint for the less experienced:

(if (= "" (setq old (vle-entget 1 enm))) (setq old "<>")) ; assuming texts will not be empty

• See attached file for the new version.

• Perfect.
    Just a pity that the guy who asked for it in the first place doesn't seem to notice...

• I use leader with line under.
    When I edit mtext in leader the length line under mtext do not update. Line remain short or long.
    Are you able to fix it?

• @JGa:
    I'll send in an SR regarding the leader length issue as IMO this should be handled automatically. But I was able to come up with a workaround (moving the mtext to the right and then back to the left triggers an update of the leader). See the attached file.

The workaround works on V14, V15 and V16. Please let me know if it also works on V17.

• Perfect.
    Thank you very much.

This discussion has been closed.