Quad: adding tools

Ive followed the help section about adding tools in the quad, but they dont seem to stick once I accept the changes by hitting 'ok' under the quad tab of the customize dialog box. Is there something obvious im missing? Ive tried it two ways, by moving the desired tools from 'available tools' to the section i want on the left side of the screen, and also chose the section i wanted to add the tool to, right-clicked and hit 'append quad button'.

Comments

• The content of the Quad is different in each of the five workspaces: 2D Drafting, 3D Modeling, Mechanical, BIM and Sheet Metal. Select the Workspaces tab on the Customize dialog. In the Quad tabs setting of a workspace you can see which Quad tabs are available in the selected workspace. You can add/remove tabs in each workspace (right click a tab or the Quad Tabs node to open a context menu). The content of the tabs is managed in the Quad tab on the Customize dialog. Here you can drag-and-drop tools from 'Available tools' onto a Quad tab.

• stimpy9000
    edited August 2017

@Louis Verdonck said:
    The content of the tabs is managed in the Quad tab on the Customize dialog. Here you can drag-and-drop tools from 'Available tools' onto a Quad tab.

thats what im saying, when i drag-drop tools into the appropriate quad tab in the Customize dialog and hit ok, it doesnt show the new tool i added. Is this a bug?
    edit: im on 17.2.08, ill download 17.2.12 to see if this is fixed.

• edit: im on 17.2.08, ill download 17.2.12 to see if this is fixed.

it does not seem to have been fixed.
    my specific use case is trying to add MatchProp to any of the quad menus that show when im in 3d modeling.
    it seemed to work in v17.2.04-1, but not since.

• When adding a tool to a Quad command tab, you must check the Entity Filter property. In case of the MatchProp command either set it to NO SELECTION or ALL_OBJECTS. When set to NO SELECTION the tool will be available on right click if nothing is selected (The Show Quad on right click option must be active). When set to ALL_OBJECTS the tool is available when an entity is selected or the Quad is hovering over an entity.

• did that too, same effect. I remember adjusting that in 17.2.04 and it worked, but not since.

• this seems to have been resolved in v19

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!