New user and some questions / minor bugs

Hi !

I just installed BricsCAD 17 on OpenSUSE 42.3. Installation OK, just needed to add gtk2-engine-clearlooks RPM as the software required libclearlooks.so()(64bit) (I don't know for which purpose though).

I am not a CAD expert so I am just discovering the product as well as the purpose to create 2D-drawing (I do it regularly on Vision but for technical specifications only, not 2D modeling off-course)

First question :

• The interface come in English. Is there a way to switch it to French ? In many French companies, French is mandatory. This is just a question for my personal interest, I can off-course work with the English interface
  • I watched the tutorial on creating templates. I noticed that on the video, when selecting the DWT format (template), the software automatically selected the template folder. This is not the case on my side. I believed this is a permission issue, as we install RPM with root account, and use the software with a standard user. The template directory must be read-only. Could you please confirm my theory ?
  • I have some minor graphical glitches (please look at the file attached). This is when I access to the settings (I was looking for switching the interface to French). Is is a known issue or is it related to KDE/Plasma ?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Arnaudk,

BricsCAD is available in multiple languages, including French. These are provided and installed separately (You can't just switch languages within a version). Different language versions always lag the international (US english) version. This is similar to OS, where the Windows version will be normally be available prior to Mac & Linux versions. In your situation (Linux + French) the two compound to mean you currently can only access V16 Linux in French.

As far as I'm aware, BricsCAD doesn't switch to the template folder on saving to DWT (possibly you watched a video on AutoCAD, which does), However you can find, and change your Template folder in SETTINGS by looking for TemplatePath, you can also change your default template by changing the BASEFILE setting.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

• @Jason Bourhill said:
    Hi Arnaudk,

BricsCAD is available in multiple languages, including French. These are provided and installed separately (You can't just switch languages within a version). Different language versions always lag the international (US english) version. This is similar to OS, where the Windows version will be normally be available prior to Mac & Linux versions. In your situation (Linux + French) the two compound to mean you currently can only access V16 Linux in French.

As far as I'm aware, BricsCAD doesn't switch to the template folder on saving to DWT (possibly you watched a video on AutoCAD, which does), However you can find, and change your Template folder in SETTINGS by looking for TemplatePath, you can also change your default template by changing the BASEFILE setting.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

Ok I get it, thank you. I will try other tutorials available on the website. Any feedback on the small graphical glitches ? Is it related to Linux as a whole or is it something new related to OpenSUSE 42.3 ?

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.