Export to pdf feature idea

Is it just me or would there be other users out there that could use an easier way of creating a pdf?

PDF is a virtual medium as opposed to a hard copy so how useful would it be to be able to just select what you want to turn to a .pdf and press a button that creates a 1:1 scale pdf and calculates the page size by the extremes of the selection?

You could set your margins etc. if required and if you wanted to print it then you would use Acrobat Reader or similar and set your page size/scale accordingly.

Not sure how this would work as I know the square root of nothing about programming, but I would really find this useful.

Just a thought.

David

Comments

• PDFs have been a flawed concept from inception. Adobe have forced all of us to adopt this through relentless marketing.
    This has served to discourage other software developers from providing something better unlike CAD developers
    like Bricsys who have given us great alternatives to that other bastard corporation Autocad.
    There are several free PDF reader/printers available that perform well as CAD printers.
    Foxit Reader, Pdf995,Paperless printer and Bullzip are all capable of solving many CAD printing
    Problems. You will of course need to explore and experiment with settings for print size and line weights etc.
    They seem to perform better than the inbuilt exporters, although If you have bricscad 17
    I hear that this has been improved greatly.
    It's a pity that just about all CAD programs charge extra for import/export interface options
    such as communicator.
    This eliminates the need to buy any Adobe product at the inflated cost.

Norb

This discussion has been closed.