text editor dialog box commonly on top of text being edited

is it a setting somewhere to tell bricscad to place the text editor dialog box somewhere else than right on top of the text being edited?
ive got a large monitor and there's plenty of real-estate to place the box, but it almost always seems to plop right on top of the text in question.
It takes another click to move it off of the text so i can see the edits as they are being made.
... i know what you're saying to yourself... once of those 'no-extra-clicks' guys, but this is something that never seemed to happen to me in autocad, and only after switching to bricscad did i realize how nice of a feature that is.

Comments

• This may not be the cause of your own difficulty, but I had a similar issue on my v14. I eventually figured out that BricsCAD was trying to put the editor above the text. However if the text were close to the top of the screen, it would not cover-up the menus up there, and would end up covering the text. My habit of zooming in was part of the problem, since I tended to zoom in with my text towards the top of the screen. This was probably to allow empty space below the text, in case I added more text and it needed space to expand into. So, I simply trained myself to not zoom in as much.

Still, I would prefer for that window to just place itself permanently as far up on the monitor as it can go. I wish I could lock it in place there.

-Joe

• i will give your recommendation a shot and see if i can get used to it.
    thanks for the input.

This discussion has been closed.