Toolpallet

Bas Weinans
edited August 2017 in 2D Drafting

Hi,

I have a problem with the tool pallet. Via the designcenter I tried to import a lot of blocks to the toolpallet. However, this doesnt work. I only get 2 inserted. The first 2. What do I do wrong?

(help found at this website: http://themadcadder.blogs.com/my_weblog/2009/06/convert-multiple-block-dwgs-into-one-tool-palette-with-the-designcenter.html )

Comments

• You are referring to 'Designcenter' which is not a BricsCAD feature. In BricsCAD blocks are added to a toolpalette using the Drawing Explorer. To add blocks from the current drawing: on the Tool Palettes panel, select the target panel then choose Blocks in the Drawing Explorer, and select the block(s) you want to add to the current paletten; right click and choose Add to current palette in the context menu. You can also add blocks from other drawings if the folder of such drawing is added in the Folders mode of the Drawing Explorer.

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    You can also add blocks from other drawings if the folder of such drawing is added in the Folders mode of the Drawing Explorer.

see attached file. This is what you mean I suppose. However, this is not working... Do you know what I do wrong?

• Dear Bas
    Yes that's what I mean. The procedure shown in you screen grab will collect all blocks in each of the drawings of the selected folder and add them to a palette of the drawing name. New palettes are created if necessary.
    Another procedure is to expand the source drawing in the Folders tree, then choose Blocks: in the right hand pane of the Drawing Explorer all blocks in the selected drawing are listed (Detail View) or displayed as thumbnails (Icon View). Select the blocks you want to add to a toolpalette, right click and choose Add to current toolpalette in the context menu (open the target toolpalette first).

• hmmm, importing crashes hole bricscad. Even 40 blocks at onces is very heavy. Anybody other solution?

• Hi Bas
    If the proposed procedure crashes BricsCAD on your computer, can you please file a support request and attach the drawing(s) you are collecting blocks from?

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!