Paper Space objects not plotting from a PDF?

I forgot to mention, I spoke with the printer tech at the print shop and after trying to set everything he possibly could, he found that the text finally appeared. The resolution was so poor that the printer driver wouldn't bother to print it. He said the resolution was like 70 dpi or some real low number. He showed me the plot and it was unreadable. He said, when the res. is that low, the plotter can't plot it. Is this some relationship to how the paperspace objects appear to printer drivers? I don't know.

Comments

• It has been a while since I was working with all the PDF printing problems on my v14, so my memory is vague. But, I think that any lightweight settings are ignored in a viewport that is set to any rendering mode but 2D. One way to get text to be bolder is to use a font that has some thickness to it already, or more than one stroke like RomanT.

The only CAD program I know of that really handles rendered views well is Space Claim. They have an option to lay a line drawing over top of the rendered view when it is printed. This allows shading, along with actual lines in the PDF. But, for now we are stuck with raster images with the file size bloat, and sometimes output that is too low a resolution.

-Joe

This discussion has been closed.