Hatch corrupted

Hi, I've this problem with roof hatch. Why when I create a roof tiles hatch in 2d drawing it compare like the this? Only in this drawing, if I create a new file all is ok.

Comments

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited September 2017

The inaccuracies you see are caused by the hatch origin (0,0,0) being relatively far from the hatch boundary given the hatch scale. You can reposition the hatch origin in the _Hatch dialog (bottom left corner). To fix existing hatches you can change the 'Origin point' field in the Properties Bar. Choosing a logical point for each hatch will also enable you to align the pattern properly.

• Ok, It works.
    Thank you very much

• Interesting problem. I just tried the original myself, and while the gaps show, if I re-create them, there are no gaps. I copied the settings for the original hatch by using the "inherit properties" option in the hatch dialog box.

Perhaps the solution varies with your own situation, depending on the VIEWRES setting. If I try to fix a hatch by moving the origin point, that has no effect that I can see. Nor does moving the objects near to the origin. I turned island detection off, but that did not fix it. But, it is so extremely far off from the origin, I can see how that is creating various issues.

And in regards to VIEWRES, when I open the drawing, the hatches are in various states of appearance, with some looking like they were the equivalent of "pixelated" for line drawings. This is because BricsCAD maintains a "display list", which does things like make circles look like squares, if the drawing is large enough, the VIEWRES setting low enough, and the last regeneration was done while the drawing was zoomed out.

One final, unrelated comment to Davide_M The drawings of the tiles are all rotated 180 degrees from what they should be on a top view. Rotate each of them 180 degrees so that you see the thickness of the tiles at the top of each tile.

-Joe

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited September 2017

@Joe Dunfee:

Two things:

1. The 'Inherit properties' option of the _Hatch dialog will not copy the HPORIGIN.
    2. Hatch patterns are always constructed from lines and dashes. So your remarks about _ViewRes do not apply.
This discussion has been closed.