new license

I tried to reinstall my Intellicad v2 CD. The program would not accept my license # anymore. I have no way of drafting at the moment. I emailed Inge (in Belguim) from Intellicad support. She said a license is sold only as an ANNUAL license. Every year now a person has to purchase a new license. I was unhappy with AutoCad 4 years ago. It is time to pay more and not play games.

Comments

• There must be some kind of misunderstanding here. I have never heard of a date activated/time restricted Bricscad Intellicad license. You should have no problem installing your old Intellicad 2.x if your license code is valid for that version. I'm sure you are only mixing up license codes.

• I was under the impression that a new license would only be required if it was to go to a different version number, say 2.x.xxxx to 3.x.xxx. Would some one from bricscad intellicad please clarify this license issue?

• I have a version 2.0 CD and subsequently downloaded version 2.2 upgrade and got a24-character license key via email...The keyfor the original CD version 2.0 is lost. If Bricscan not help you let me know; since I am notusing my version...perhaps we can fix you up??

• Dear Mr. Dettle,There is indeed a misunderstanding: I never said in my emails that you should buy every year a new licence! You bought in 2000 an ANNUAL licence from BRICSNET: this means that your licence key expires after 1 YEAR.BRICSCAD DOES NOT SELL ANNUAL LICENCES. I proposed you to buy an Upgrade version of BricsCad IntelliCAD , PERMANENT licence for 95 USD; if you buy this upgrade version, you get free updates (version 3.3, 3.4,...). If you want to work in the future with BricsCad IntelliCAD version 4, than you need to buy a new UPGRADE version of BricsCad IntelliCAD. Kind Regards,Inge Everaert

• Dear Mr. Dettle,There is indeed a misunderstanding: I never said in my emails that you should buy every year a new licence! You bought in 2000 an ANNUAL licence from BRICSNET: this means that your licence key expires after 1 YEAR.BRICSCAD DOES NOT SELL ANNUAL LICENCES. I proposed you to buy an Upgrade version of BricsCad IntelliCAD , PERMANENT licence for 95 USD; if you buy this upgrade version, you get free updates (version 3.3, 3.4,...). If you want to work in the future with BricsCad IntelliCAD version 4, than you need to buy a new UPGRADE version of BricsCad IntelliCAD. Kind Regards,Inge Everaert

• I didn't purchase a 2000 annual license. I have had Intellicad since 1998. I purchased a permant upgrade Intellicad 2000 CD.The problem is that when I upgraded my software from the Bricscad web page, the Bricscad download put something hidden in the registry (or somewhere) that makes old versions not work anymore. A dirty trick if you ask me.My Intellicad 2000 CD would work on other computers, just not on the one that had the web version download.

This discussion has been closed.