Error when saving drawing under new name

I have been getting the error "The destination directory is not writable. Please save under a different name. There is no problem with the destination directory, I can save other types of files to it, move and copy files to it... The only work around I have found is to save the new named file to my Desktop and move it to the directory in question. Does any one have any suggestions?

Comments

• Are you using Windows or Linux? Is the location you want to save to on a local drive or on a server?

• I've had this problem before when saving and using a file on a network share. Depending on the file permissions of the network share which may determine if you are allowed to read, write, execute, and use special permissions. This may be the cause of your problem.

If you could please provide us with your Operating system we would be able to better assist you.

• My apologies, I did not see that this was responded to. I still have the same problem, more seldom than before with release 18.

Operating system is Windows 7 (64 bit)
    The problem tends to only happen when saving to my local Dropbox folders.

• @rmatcfec said:

Save to a regular normal local directory, then copy/move the file to the Dropbox location.
    I suspect you will not longer have this issue.

• Thank you all, It seemed to be a Windows 7 thing, now that I had to move to Windows 10 it has not presented itself.

• @rkmcswain said:

@rmatcfec said:

Save to a regular normal local directory, then copy/move the file to the Dropbox location.
    I suspect you will not longer have this issue.

Thank you, that has been my work around, but Win 10 upgrade seems to have remedied the situation.

This discussion has been closed.