PLot to DWFx

Hi, how can I plot to dwfx and/or pdf on brics 2017?
The export thingy is the worse tool I ever used... bad image on pdf also...
Can it be solved?
Thanks

Comments

• Download e.g. CutePDF Writer and print to that (selected in the Pinter / Plotter Configuration drop-down box).

• V17 has the PrintAsPdf built-in print device.
    If that is 'the worst tool ever' then please file a support request and let us know why you feel so.
    Thanks for your appreciated feedback!

Hans De Backer
    BricsCAD development

• @Hans De Backer said:
    V17 has the PrintAsPdf built-in print device.
    If that is 'the worst tool ever' then please file a support request and let us know why you feel so.
    Thanks for your appreciated feedback!

Hans De Backer
    BricsCAD development

Hi Hans,
    I appreciate your words and must present my apologies for purchasing bricscad then!
    When I state that this tool is the worst that I ever used I was not ditching the software or anything else. I've been using another software for ages and then decided to jump into Bricscad software. When I'm used to plot on dwfx > and can't do that in here < and try to plot with "PRINT AS PDF" and it even can't display a preview... well the issue must be mine only.

I've reached the forum for help not to be ditched back as "fill requests and let know why you feel so".

Thanks Tom Foster for the help, indeed I use another pdf writer - foxit reader - and that's why I'm stating the badly image, even if I change the dpi of the plot and everything else. I'll try cutepdf to see if it gets better.

Regarding the dwfx plot, is there any way I can solve it? It's a major necessity for my line of work as every institution requires this file method.

Thanks,
    Samuel.

• The PrintAsPdf print device was introduced in the course of the BricsCAD V17 life cycle, and its capabilities have evolved with almost every subsequent V17 update.
    Your remark that 'it even can't display a preview' seems to indicate that you are using a V17 version that is older than V17.2.06, which is the version in which Preview functionality was added.
    The current V17 version is V17.2.12.
    FYI: a V17 license entitles you to use any of the V17 versions that are released during the V17 life cycle.

• @Hans De Backer said:
    The PrintAsPdf print device was introduced in the course of the BricsCAD V17 life cycle, and its capabilities have evolved with almost every subsequent V17 update.
    Your remark that 'it even can't display a preview' seems to indicate that you are using a V17 version that is older than V17.2.06, which is the version in which Preview functionality was added.
    The current V17 version is V17.2.12.
    FYI: a V17 license entitles you to use any of the V17 versions that are released during the V17 life cycle.

Hi Hans,
    ok then. I appreciate that feedback and will do the update immediately. As you can see I'm not a power user in this regards... didn't receive the update notice on my Bricscad.

Regarding the dwfx plot again, is there an alternative to the export command? Or will this be addressed on brics 2018 - if you might share info?

P.S.

I do realize now that I was harsh on my previous post. For that, I present to you my personal and sincere apologies. Hope you might accept them.

Thanks,
    Samuel.

• Hi again,
    I've encountered some issue and require your help once again. I've exported a page from layout, but the exported dwf 6.0 does not export the transparency definition on the drawing. I've went onto export settings, but didn't managed to find the solution for it. Also on layout page definition, I've checked the plot transparency tickbox but it renders the same issue.
    Can somedody help?
    Thanks,
    samuel.

This discussion has been closed.