Select similar

Is there anyway to select all instances of the number 0 inserted at specific angles please?

I get drawings from design programs of Road cross sections with two instances of zero at each section very close to each other.
I'd like to select the ones inserted at 90° leaving the ones inserted at 0°

Thanks

Comments

• The Structure panel allows to look at drawing content in pretty much any conceivable way, or to put it more appropriately for this case: "from any angle" ;-)
    Attached to this post you will find 'SortedByRotation.cst' which is a configuration file for the structure panel.
    Please place it in your support folder. The easiest way to get to this folder is to key in SUPPORTFOLDER on the BricsCAD command line, which will open Windows Explorer showing the content of that folder.

To open the Structure panel, right-click somewhere in the toolbar area and select 'Structure' from the popup menu.
    Usually I keep this panel docked at the side of my screen, together with the Layers panel.

If this is the first time you use the structure panel, it probably will use the default configuration. Clicking on the name of the config file will bring up the configuration editor, clicking on the down-pointing arrow at the right of it will show a drop-down list of available configurations.
    Select 'SortedByRotation' from the dropdown list.

The structure tree now displays the content of your drawing grouped by entity type, and sorted by the 'rotation' property of the entity.

Click on 'SortedByRotation' to open the configuration editor and in the topmost combo of the Options tab, choose 'Select entities when selected in tree' and press the OK button at the bottom to confirm and close the dialog.

Browsing through the tree content, you will encounter ranges of entities that have 0 rotation angles and others at e.g. 90.
    As in other controls, the Shift key allows to extend a selection, so select the first entity with 90 degree rotation, then go down to the last one and hold Shift while selecting it, thus selecting the whole range of entities with 90 degree rotation angle.

This is just scratching the surface of what the Structure panel can help you with, hope it stirs the imagination.
    Have a nice day!
    Hans

• QuickSelect can do the job: first select all blocks, then specify the name and rotation angle.

• Thanks Hans for your efforts.
    I'll have to wait until next week when back at work PC.
    It's an issue that has plagued me for ages. Got fed-up today dealing with them by hand.

Louis these are just single text entries below a typical drawn road cross section, not blocks.
    But that's also useful in my work. Thanks.

• The QuickSelect method applies to texts also: first select all texts, then specify the content and rotation angle.

• Thanks Louis. Much appreciated

• Richard Sands
    edited October 2017

I'm using ver 16. Is the Structure planel available in that?
    I can only find reference online to Ver 17

• The Structure panel was introduced in V17.

This discussion has been closed.