Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bricscad BIM for Dummies

I was hoping to hop into BIM for Bricscad intuitively. For someone coming from AutoCAD Architecture or Revit, it's hard to see a connection. I am blank
How do I begin to understand it? Usually, I start a project by defining levels, then adding building objects on them, then viewing the resulting assembly. I cannot find a way to replicate that process. It appears I need to learn a completely different approach. Can someone point me to a resource to put me on track?

Comments

• Did you have a look at the tutorials on the website? https://www.bricsys.com/en-intl/bim/tutorial/

• I've used both AutoCAD and Revit. I would say BricsCAD BIM is closer to Sketchup. BricsCAD wants you to build the floors and walls then define everything. As far as I know you can start building a wall and have it defined on floor two. You have to build the wall then define it as a wall. After it's defined then you can specify the building floor and so on.

• Coming Spring 2018 - free Brics Shape - SketchUp for dwg

• @Benjamin Conder said:
    I've used both AutoCAD and Revit. I would say BricsCAD BIM is closer to Sketchup. BricsCAD wants you to build the floors and walls then define everything. As far as I know you can start building a wall and have it defined on floor two. You have to build the wall then define it as a wall. After it's defined then you can specify the building floor and so on.

Thanks ... this was helpful

• @Benjamin Conder said:
    I've used both AutoCAD and Revit. I would say BricsCAD BIM is closer to Sketchup. BricsCAD wants you to build the floors and walls then define everything. As far as I know you can start building a wall and have it defined on floor two. You have to build the wall then define it as a wall. After it's defined then you can specify the building floor and so on.

• @Benjamin Conder said: