Seeking Beginner Course for 3D

I'm currently nearing the end of my trial period and will likely be making the investment in BricsCAD but wanted to know if there was a good beginner-level course for 3D? I started on a board and only ever did 2D in AutoCAD. I've been out of drafting/design for a long time after I made a transition to Project Management almost two decades ago. But, I'm in a position presently to develop some design ideas and I want to evolve to 3D. During the trial period, I've ran the program through it's paces in 2D but in 3D I am completely lost. I tried some videos I found, but what is on their screen never ends up on mine. Simple example: The video draws its first shape and it instantly appears as a solid, mine starts out as a wire mesh and the pop-up menu at the cursor never has the same options as in the video. Plus the videos are so fast for a complete novice, pausing is literally every 3 to 5 seconds. I'm seeking a more structured course, based in the BricsCAD tool that I can put myself though. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• The wireframe versus solid appearance is controlled by the Visual Style selection in the drawing's Properties; see the attached screen captures.

The contents and appearance of the pop-up menu at the cursor, the Quad Cursor, are somewhat fluid which I agree can be disconcerting at first. The default Quad changes slightly between major releases and, in addition, the layout of the most easily accessible commands in the Quad evolves with use in a given drawing. That does make it easier and quicker to get to a frequently used function but it also can get in the way of "muscle memory," so there's that.

As far as the video tutorials, the "How did they do that?" moments aren't uncommon. All part of the learning process! ;-)

• The content of the Quad also depends on the selected profile. Choosing a different preset in the Get Started dialog may be advisable.

• Thank you, Richard and Roy.

This discussion has been closed.