Paper Space ViewProj Command

Experimenting with this command on larger objects I am at a loss.
See attached picture, is it possible to get 3 views like that?
I'm working with a 3D object so do I need to use the Flashshot command & modify that?
Perhaps this should be in the 3D forum?

Comments

• At least up to my v14, it is not possible to automatically create this. I use a method to sort-of simulate this.

1) Create a view of the entire object.
    2) Copy the viewport , placing the copy along the path you intend to shrink that view.
    3) Stretch the two viewports to create the break.
    4) Move the two viewpoints close together.
    5) Create some sort of break symbol at the edge where they would normally go, using a polyline. One way to hide some discrepancies on how the view should look, since it is cut with a straight line, is to give the polyline some width. On arechitectural drawings, I often use wavy lines to cut off part of a building. In that case, I deliberately make the squiggles start and end at a point where a line is being cut off.

Attached is a screen grab of the sequence, and a few variations on my break symbol. I have a pipe-break block, that is manually scaled to fit the pipe size.

-Joe

• Yes I do the same process but was hoping the automatic views could be handled the same way.

• In my work (detailed architectural drawings) I do not create separate break lines or symbols but rather outline the whole detail VP with a bold dashed line. A computer drawing does not have to look the same as a drawing done by hand.

If you want to do this with _ViewBase views then make sure to change the AUTOVPSETTING to OFF. Mind you, it does not appear to be possible to create a copy of such a VP. To follow Joe's procedure you would have to create extra views.

This discussion has been closed.