User Profile & Workspace?

It appears that switching from 2D Drafting to 3D Drafting in the workspace does not alter "Settings" but mostly is about Toolbars & Menus.
You would need to use Profiles to alter settings, is that correct?

Comments

• From the V17 Release Notes:

The Get Started dialog promotes an approach in which user profiles are used to set the desired workspace as well as any other desired setting. The 'OnSwitch' list of commands executed upon switching between workspaces has been emptied. This was done because it was felt that modification of base template and other system settings preferably is done by switching profiles, not as a side-effect of switching workspaces.

• So I have 4 drawings open which is common for me and 3 of them are 2D and one is 3D I will need to switch profiles to work on the 3D drawing and back to the other profile to work on the 2D drawings.
    In 2D I want Rollover off, Quad Off, DUCS off etc. but want them on in 3D I will need to switch profiles to achieve that.
    Still working on the settings for 3D so I haven't figured them all out yet. Weather to switch them on/off when changing environments.

• In your scenario I would start two instances of BricsCAD, Even in V16, where switching workspaces does change several settings, that would be more efficient.

This discussion has been closed.