Template Layer Creation

Hi,

I'm currently putting together a template and was hoping there may be a quicker way of adding new layers than entering them 1 by 1. I currently have a spreadsheet with all layer names and descriptions, is there any easy way of getting all 500 or so of these all into a template?

My spreadsheet doesn't contain any information regarding colours or linetypes as it's simply an Excel copy of an export mapping file from 12d Model, colours and linetypes will be assigned in the template file.

Cheers,

Paul

Comments

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited October 2017

Add a new sheet.
    Using the concatenate function and referencing the first layer name create a cell that has this content:
    (command "_.layer" "_make" "FirstLayerName" "")
    Copy this formula 'down the column'.
    Copy-paste the column into BricsCAD.

• Hi Roy,

Thanks for the response and sorry for the slow reply, I haven't had much time to work on my templates lately though... I have got about 1/3 of the layers I need in but there's still plenty more.

I've had a look at what you've suggested but don't really know where to start, probably doesn't help that I'm not the best with Excel when it comes to anything other than calculations etc.

Say I had layers A, B, C & D in cells A1, A2, A3 & A4 of my spreadsheet, what would this function look like?

And where would I copy/paste this into BricsCAD, just the command line?

Cheers,

Paul

• @paulpmilton said:
    Hi Roy,

Thanks for the response and sorry for the slow reply, I haven't had much time to work on my templates lately though... I have got about 1/3 of the layers I need in but there's still plenty more.

I've had a look at what you've suggested but don't really know where to start, probably doesn't help that I'm not the best with Excel when it comes to anything other than calculations etc.

Say I had layers A, B, C & D in cells A1, A2, A3 & A4 of my spreadsheet, what would this function look like?

And where would I copy/paste this into BricsCAD, just the command line?

Cheers,

Paul

FYI the sheet the layers are on is called Layers

This discussion has been closed.