Compatability

I was at the conference yesterday, and I'm seriously impressed, I've put in a request at work for a license, so hopefully soon I'll be about here more often. I still need to download the demo and try it out, so I have zero experience with using the program.
I have a couple of questions,
1) does anyone know if all the features shown at the conference are actually available now in the latest available version, or is this in a future planned release (if so when)
2) is Bricscad ifc completely interchangeable/usable with Revit and other BIM software
3) and the same goes for dwg, from my limited understanding the BIM information in Bricscad is contained in the dwg model, presumably not useable in Autocad or other programs, but can the drawings still be edited in Autocad maybe even Draftsite and still retain there BIM ability or would the model then need re-BIMifying in Bricscad.

The company I work for has many software packets depending on who is using the information. And at some point all these programs need to access and at the very least read the information but hopefully be able to build upon the models without issue.

Comments

• Louis_Verdonck
    edited October 2017
    1. All features shown at the conference will be available in the V18 release, which is expected in about 10 days. Please notice BIM and SheetMetal features are subject to additional licenses.
    2. BricsCAD applies to IFC standards.
    3. BricsCAD BIM and SheetMetal models are saved as a dwg drawing and therefore can be opened in any software which can read dwg. BricsCAD V18 uses the latest dwg format as its default format. So it might be necessary to save the drawing in an older format if the other software does not support dwg 2018 yet. When loaded in another software, for obviouw reasons, the BIM data and other intelligence is not available.
  • Please notice a 30 day trial license is available automatically when you install BricsCAD V18.

• Thanks I'll know soon enough, I'm getting the trial version at work, but it needs to go through the "chanels" first. I'll see if I can get them to wait for the new version.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!