"fatal error invalid document structure" and missing tools?

I'm using V16: I tried to open an Autocad DWG today and immediately received a "fatal error invalid document structure" warning... once the drawing opened, there were no tools; I tried to reload the "default.cui" file, but it was invalid... I navigated to the file and opened it in a text editor, and it was blank... nothing.

Where do I go next? All of my tool bars etc are gone....

Comments

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited October 2017

It seems likely the error message points to the .cui issue instead of the AutoCAD file.
    To get the 'out of the box' default.cui back:
    Start the _Customize command and click the 'Revert to defaults' button.

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    It seems likely the error message points to the .cui issue instead of the AutoCAD file.
    To get the 'out of the box' default.cui back:
    Start the _Customize command and click the 'Revert to defaults' button.

The AutoCAD file may have been entirely coincidental. Good to know about the "revert to defaults" option, I didn't notice that... what I did was pull the default.cui file from a trial version I had on my other computer, which got me going again. Still concerned about what caused this though...

• Well now, this interesting... I just opened a drawing in Chief Architect X8 for the first time since this issue in BricsCAD... all of the tool bars were missing in it as well! I actually had to restore it to factory settings to get the default tool bars back... Is it possible that there might be a conflict between these two programs? It seems bizarrely coincidental...

• Maybe your Anti Virus software is overactive?

This discussion has been closed.