Print to PDF without Model/layout Name

EricNormoyle
edited November 2017 in 2D Drafting

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to remove the model/layout name when printing drawings to PDF?

For years I've removing this prefix manually.

Please help out if you know the solution.

Many thanks.

Eric

Comments

• Hi Eric,

Yes the BricsCAD default is somewhat limiting, it would be a nice enhancement to provide a options around naming plot files since printing to PDF is likely the most common way that most print.

Some options I'm aware of:

• Use multi-sheet option in PUBLISH, this allows you to specify a filename.
    • Use SHEETSETS, depending on how you print, BricsCAD will use sheetset field names for the filename.
    • Use -PLOT to allow file name entry from the command line. This can be incorporated in with LISP to automate.
    • Use batch rename after print. Free Commander XE has a very good multirename command for file re-naming.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

• @Jason Bourhill said:
    Hi Eric,

Yes the BricsCAD default is somewhat limiting, it would be a nice enhancement to provide a options around naming plot files since printing to PDF is likely the most common way that most print.

Some options I'm aware of:

• Use multi-sheet option in PUBLISH, this allows you to specify a filename.
    • Use SHEETSETS, depending on how you print, BricsCAD will use sheetset field names for the filename.
    • Use -PLOT to allow file name entry from the command line. This can be incorporated in with LISP to automate.
    • Use batch rename after print. Free Commander XE has a very good multirename command for file re-naming.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

Thanks Jason, I've tried the Commander XE multiname command. This would be the best solution in my scenario.

This discussion has been closed.