Layer definition export to spreadsheet

Hello,
I 'm having issues trying to export layer text contents to a spreaddsheet. I select all the layer but the program refuses to copy / cut the text content of the layers.
Is there a way I can solve this without having to insert text by hand on excell?

Thanks,

Samuel

Comments

• Here is some Lisp code to export all layer names to a text file. Copy-pasting from this file to Excel should be no problem.(defun KGA_Data_FileWrite (fnm lst / ptr) (if (setq ptr (open fnm "w")) (progn (write-line (KGA_String_Join lst "\n") ptr) (close ptr) T ) ) ) (defun KGA_String_Join (strLst delim) (if strLst (apply 'strcat (cons (car strLst) (mapcar '(lambda (str) (strcat delim str)) (cdr strLst)) ) ) "" ) ) (defun c:ExportLayerNames ( / fnm) (if (setq fnm (getfiled "Text file" "" "txt" 5)) (KGA_Data_FileWrite fnm (mapcar 'vla-get-name (vle-collection->list (vla-get-layers (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))) ) ) ) ) (princ) )

• Hi,
    thank you so much Mr. Roy.

Is there a way to export all layer definition, like: line type / line weight / plot style / etc?

Thank you once again for your kind assistence.

Samuel

• You can get a chart of layer names, states, linetypes, colors, and lineweights to appear on the text screen by using the -Layer command and the "?" option. Then you can copy and paste from the text screen to a text or spreadsheet file. But that chart won't include plot style.

• @Anthony Apostolaros:
    I didn't know about that feature. Thanks for the tip.

• Oh my lord... that's amazing! Thank you both so much for your help.
    My most appreciated regards.
    Thank you.
    Samuel

This discussion has been closed.