Stretch

Another ridiculously basic question, after years of using 2D Acad then Brics:
Stretch isn't working.
Having properly selected the end of the line to stretch, clicked for base point, the line is supposed to stretch dynamically with the cursor - it doesn't.
When I click or enter distance for displacement point, the line is supposed to stretch to there - but nothing happens.
Is it some setting?

Comments

• Dear Tom
    I cannot reproduce the failure of stretching the end point of a line, which really is a 'ridiculous basic question' indeed. If you have such problem, please file a support request and attach the drawing.

• Sounds like the line could be on a locked layer?

• Wierdness solved, once again, by copy>paste into another New blank file - getting to be a regular procedure.

For the record:

It wasn't on a locked layer.

Was also finding Trim/Extend wierd.
    Yesterday the wrong end of a line was getting trimmed.
    Today if I selected the trimming element, type TR, box select the elements to be trimmed, none or only some of them got trimmed.
    Single select worked, but often trimming to way beyond the trimming element.

Fillet also trimming the wrong end of a line.

All seems OK in the new file.

• If any of these issues can be consistently reproduced, can you please file a support request with a sample drawing and a scenario?
    We really would like to find out what is triggering this.
    Sincere thanks for your feedback

• Once they've cut the tree and rewired my phone line and my Bband comes back up from 0.12MBps down, 0.00 up, I'll send the file!

This discussion has been closed.