Zoom all - clean up drawing

~~Hello Users and spezialists
I frequently get various DWG's which passed muliple editing by other engineers with different programs. (Terrain, Houses, Floors, Street, Sewers)
Then I try to puzzle all the stuff on their right position rotation and scale (Gauss-Krueger)
I've tried to insert the foreign drawings as blocks (better in handling when I give the drawing away)
Or References
I still can not decide whats better. Finaly it's pretty confusing when you dont find something because something is turned off or frozen and you dont know where to look for.
Thats Problem one
How do others solve this? Is there a strategical approach?

Problem two is,
that at the End "Zoom ALL" will give me a blank screeen with two or more dots which are not selectible ecept the main drawing.
As the marks are not selectible I can not identify what they are. I suppose they are insertion points, but from what?
This always causes problems when I give away the drawing

Danke im Voraus für die Hilfe~~

Comments

• @Michael Frank said:
    ~~Hello Users and spezialists
    I frequently get various DWG's which passed muliple editing by other engineers with different programs. (Terrain, Houses, Floors, Street, Sewers)
    Then I try to puzzle all the stuff on their right position rotation and scale (Gauss-Krueger)
    I've tried to insert the foreign drawings as blocks (better in handling when I give the drawing away)
    Or References
    I still can not decide whats better. Finaly it's pretty confusing when you dont find something because something is turned off or frozen and you dont know where to look for.
    Thats Problem one
    How do others solve this? Is there a strategical approach?

Problem two is,
    that at the End "Zoom ALL" will give me a blank screeen with two or more dots which are not selectible ecept the main drawing.
    As the marks are not selectible I can not identify what they are. I suppose they are insertion points, but from what?
    This always causes problems when I give away the drawing

Danke im Voraus für die Hilfe~~

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited November 2017

My advice is to use xrefs. This keeps information nicely separated, will avoid name conflicts between your work and that of others and updating 3rd party data will be more reliable (just think of nested blocks...).
    The drawings you receive should ideally have a current layer state that matches the printed/PDF version of the drawing. If this is not the case you should not hesitate to ask for this. Of course all parties should agree on the same grid or reference points.

Probably there are entities in the drawing that cause this. Post a dwg or send in a Support Request.

This discussion has been closed.